Spinal Curvature (Scoliosis)

Scoliosis is a bending of the spinal column that often occurs during growth and can go on until fully grown. The causes are unknown in 90% of cases. 85 % of scolioses are ideopathic, i.e. the trigger is unknown. The remaining 10 to 15 % result in congenital malformations of individual vertebrae or entire parts of the spinal column. The leg is shortened or one half of the pelvis is reduced. Certain forms of scoliosis occur, for example, in muscle spasms or paralysis (complete paralysis of the skeletal muscles).

Make an Appointment